IHP University provides fitness professionals the ONLY practice-based, yet scientifically founded curriculum covering human performance, fitness, and the practice of personal training and coaching.
IHP University (IHPU) is a full-service educational organization serving the global personal training profession and fitness community. IHPU provides it members a comprehensive curriculum in the area of fitness, personal training, performance training, rehabilitation, and wellness.
This comprehensive curriculum is delivered using a combination of web-based, as well as live educational courses and certifications. The IHPU website will provide support and convenience to its members by delivering preparatory work for those who will be taking more advanced certifications that require on-site participation. IHPU will also provide an affiliate program that will allow select members the ability to become a partner with IHP in our educational efforts, while profit-sharing in the process. IHPU will also provide its members a way to “culturize” and train newly hired personal trainers into the culture of professionalism and excellence IHP has become known for. All IHP Affiliates will become referral sites for the fitness consumer that visit IHP and IHPU websites. Therefore, any IHPU Affiliate that earns the right to display the “POWERED BY IHPU” insignia will be highly recommended IHP clients, consumers, and personal trainers for products and services at the affiliate’s particular location.
IHP University is headquartered out of the Institute of Human Performance (IHP) in Boca Ration, Florida. IHP is a multidisciplinary training facility that provides a multitude of services for its local community, as well as the global fitness industry. IHP is the laboratory where the IHP Training systems researched and developed, as well as a testing sight for its certifications. IHP also serves as a local gym for the citizens of Boca Raton and surrounding cities, and as an R&D location for some of the top equipment manufacturers in fitness.
IHP was founded on April 1 of 2001, by JC Santana. Its initial mission statement was as true in 2001 as it is now;
The Institute of Human Performance is a state of the art training facility, where dedicated individuals come to train and fitness professionals come to learn. We are committed to our functional training philosophy, our innovative training methods, to providing our clients with a life-changing fitness experience, and positioning ourselves as the educational pioneer in the fitness industry. Loyalty to this mission will lead the IHP team to worldwide professional recognition and personal growth.
Although no other facilities will carry the IHP name, any facility that qualifies can become an IHP AFFILIATE. Affiliate fitness facilities will be able to display the “Powered by IHP University” insignia.
IHPU has met and surpassed the standards for the highest educational quality in the industry. This distinction has allowed IHPU to qualify as an “continuing education provider” for the most recognized fitness organizations in the world:
- NSCA (APPROVAL CURRENTLY IN PROCESS) – Founded in 1978, the NSCA is the top Strength and Conditioning organization world-wide. It has been serving its members by bridging the gap between science and application and brings together a diverse group of professionals from the sport science, athletic, allied health, and fitness industries.
- NASM – For more than 20 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) is one of the top functional training education organizations providing certifications, continuing education, solutions and tools for health and fitness, sports performance and sports medicine professionals.
- ACE – Founded in 1985, the American Council on Exercise® (ACE ®) is a nonprofit organization committed to America’s health and well-being. Over the past 25 years, we have become an established resource for both fitness professionals and consumers, providing comprehensive, unbiased, scientific research impacting the fitness industry and validating ourselves as the country’s trusted authority on fitness.
WHAT’S THE REASON FOR ACCREDITATION?
- Measures and improves educational quality
- Guarantees consistency
- Promotes progress
- Provides accountability
WHY SHOULD I CARE?
- IHPU is recognized as a qualified institution of higher learning
- Offers instruction that meets or exceeds academic standards
- Employs a professional staff
- Has the proper facilities and equipment
- Is a stable and permanent entity
JC Santana has traveled the world (i.e. delivered over 200 international presentations in over 20 countries) providing top grade education on topics related to human performance, fitness, personal training, and coaching. JC is considered by many as one of the world’s leading authorities on functional training. His certifications and seminars have been adopted as course material and continuing education by some of the worlds top universities and fitness organizations, such as: Florida Atlantic University (FL, USA), Beijing Sports University (Beijing, China), Universidad Andres Bello (Santiago, Chile), University of British Columbia (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada), the National Strength and Conditioning University (NSCA), to name a few.
Everyone wants to be part of a winning team; a team that always manages to stay ahead of the competition. IHP is that team. For years IHP has lead the way with innovative training methods, often 10-15 years ahead of scientific research. Methods described in IHP University texts 13 years ago are now standard practice in fitness centers all over the world. For this reason, many fitness professionals from all over the world have visited IHP headquarters to their educational events, as well as attended an IHP event held in one of the 20 countries IHP has visited. However, with IHPU, today’s fitness professional does not need to make long pilgrimages to an IHP event in order to learn from IHP, they can become members of the global community that has is IHPU.
Now, there are two ways that all fitness professionals and students can become involved with IHPU, regardless of their location; as a Member or as an Affiliate. The IHPU member pays an annual fee that provides full access to the IHPU web site, as well as gets a discount to all products and services provided by the web site. The IHP Affiliate is in essence a remote IHP location, possibly with several IHPU members under its umbrella